Our success as a company depends on the strength of our team.
Click on the hotel name to the right to see the current open positions at that location.
Featured Position: General Manager - Hilton Garden Inn Riverfront in Sioux City, IA
POSITION SUMMARY: The General Manager is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Hospitality in performing all duties and functions required for efficient operation of this Hotel in alignment with Hegg Companies’ Mission, Vision & Values. This position reports to the Vice President of Hospitality.
Effectively manage all hotel operations to meet agreed upon operational standards, revenue and expense goals in ways that meet shareholder return expectations and provide long term stability
- Effectively manage the budget and flow-through processes according to company guidelines and goals
- Effectively practice yield/revenue management in coordination with Departmental and Revenue Managers by monitoring and adjusting plans to optimize profitability on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Successfully seek and implement more effective ways to improve efficiencies, processes and reduce expenses/waste
- Work in coordination with sales to sell to key accounts in support of overall hotel goals
- Utilize agreed upon systems to measure performance against industry and Hegg Hospitality benchmarks
Successfully meet and/or exceed guest needs and expectations in order to be the hotel provider of choice in each market
- Provide the direction and support to enable staff to provide an exceptional guest experience
- Identify and resolve all guest complaints and issues professionally, promptly and effectively through direct interactions, staff and/or through available tools/resources
- Proactively seek opportunities to interact with guests to ensure that their expectations and needs are being met by demonstrating genuine hospitality and maintaining a professional image
- Keep and maintain a guest profiling system to better anticipate guest wants and needs
Effective placement, training, management and motivation of hotel staff in ways that generate high productivity, retention and morale
- Lead, align and appropriately represent the spirit of hospitality in accordance with the culture/values of Hegg Hospitality
- Ensure the effective hiring, training and development of hotel staff including through selective one-on-one coaching with key personnel
- Ensure effective interdepartmental coordination in ways that enhance performance and morale
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours) and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms pushing, lifting up to 40 pounds, bending; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a professional hospitality office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, body fluids and toxic or caustic chemicals.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 years experience as lead manager in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proven revenue management experience.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Food and Beverage (F&B) experience helpful, but not required.
- Health, Dental & Vision Package
- Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401k
- Worldwide Hotel Discounts
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH HEGG COMPANIES, INC., MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION. ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON SUCCESSFULLY PASSING ALL COMPANY PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENINGS.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Lead Manager: 2 years
Please click on the location on the right sidebar of the page to see all open positions at our hotel properties.
Ready to Apply?
Click below to submit your cover letter and application to our Human Resources team.