Our success as a company depends on the strength of our team.
Click on the hotel name below to see the current open positions at that location.
Featured Position: Hyatt Place in Lincoln, NE
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in all duties and functions required for efficient operation of the property. This position reports to the General Manager.
Successfully meet and/or exceed guest needs and expectations in order to be the hotel provider of choice in each market.
- Identify and resolve all guest complaints and issues professionally, promptly and effectively through direct interactions, empowering staff and/or through available tools/resources
- Proactively reach out to guests and/or empower employees to gage and ensure customer satisfaction (including the use of guest profiling system to anticipate guest needs when available)
- Provide ongoing guest service training and support to all employees and maintain all training records
- Work with the GM to identify and address guest service opportunities and obstacles
- Communicate the results of guest feedback/surveys to departments in a timely manner
Effectively manage the front office staff and provide managerial support to other employees when the GM is not available in ways that generate strong company values alignment, high productivity and strong morale.
- Lead, align and appropriately represent the spirit of hospitality in accordance with the culture/values of Hegg Companies
- Support the GM with the hiring, training and development of hotel staff including through one-on-one coaching
- Effectively schedule front office staff
Ensure effective interdepartmental coordination in ways that enhance performance and morale
Effectively manage daily operations in coordination with the GM in ways that ensure stable and efficient operations.
- Effectively oversee front office operations
- Monitor, communicate and act on brand standards on a daily basis
- Assist the GM and sales team in achieving revenue and expense targets to maximize NOI
- Act as the lead for hotel operations in the absence of the GM and/or other department supervisors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 2 years prior hotel operations management experience.
- Previous proven Supervisory experience required.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Proven training experience required.
- Exceptional follow-through consisting of strong organizational skills and time management.
- Consistently follow through with guest requests and feedback.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task while prioritizing projects.
POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR COMPLETE BENEFIT PACKAGE
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Key Results Areas (KRAs) & Critical Tasks (CTs) of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the KRAs & CTs.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours) and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms pushing, lifting up to 40 pounds, bending; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the Key Results Areas (KRAs) & Critical Tasks (CTs) of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the KRAs & CTs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a professional hospitality office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, body fluids and toxic or caustic chemicals.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Applicants for employment with Hegg Companies, Inc., must pass a pre-employment drug test and pre-employment background investigation. Any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing all pre-employment screenings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Operations Management: 2 years
Please click on the location at the top of the page to see all open positions at our hotel properties.
Ready to Apply?
Click below to submit your cover letter and application to our Human Resources team.