Hegg Companies, Inc., a Real Estate Development and Hotel Management Management Company – Sioux Falls, SD
Hegg Companies in Sioux Falls, SD a Real Estate Development and Hotel Management company is seeking a CFO to join a growing privately owned company. We have been a premier Development, Investment and Management company in Sioux Falls for over 70 years.
The Chief Financial Officer will assume a strategic role in providing insight and guidance to the CEO and COO on all financial and investment related activities for the company. As a member of the executive team, the CFO will play a lead role in strategic investment opportunities, deal analysis, financing, property acquisitions, and lender relationships. In addition the Chief Financial Officer will provide oversight for accounting, finance, budgeting, and payroll. By participating in leadership at the department and executive level, the CFO fosters collaboration with the broader organization and its efforts as a whole.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Works with the CEO and COO to set– both short and long term financial objectives, while continuously evaluating company assets and opportunities. Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations. The Chief Financial Officer will guide the company leaders to have the right resources, processes and metrics to execute their operating plans.
- Money Management- monitor cash balances, monitor cash forecasts and invest idle cash
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, and suggesting creative solutions.
- Define appropriate benchmarks, key performance indicators, and other tools for objective evaluation of asset and division performance.
- Monitor markets, trends and anticipates risks and opportunities.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, budgets, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Manage, develop and mentor accounting team.
- Manage finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization and maintain good banking relationships
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax and estate planning, real estate, and conservation of assets.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Assist in obtaining the necessary business licenses
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with acceptable accounting standards and procedures, managing external auditing process.
- Shop, negotiate, and coordinate financing/refinancing activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Master’s degree (M.A., M.S., or M.B.A.), from accredited institution preferred, with 5 – 10 year’s relevant senior leadership financial experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience leading financial strategy of an organization with multiple entities is required.
- Experience with acquisitions and financing required.
- Ability to be a good listener; able to function effectively and calmly under pressure; proactive/self-starter while recognizing when discussion and approval by CEO and/or COO is appropriate/required.
- Ability to address shifting priorities; flexible, adaptable while advocating recommendations and providing alternatives; willing and capable of engaging in thoughtful, spirited debate.
This position is available for the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employer matched 401k
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity in the workplace and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Financial, Investment, acquisitions: 5-10 years
- senior leadership: 5-10 years
- Financial Management: 5 years
- Investment Management: 1 year
- Acquisitions Management: 1 year