The Guest Service Agent is responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager in performing all duties and functions required for efficient operation of this hotel in alignment with Hegg Companies’ Mission, Vision & Values; shifts include weekends and some holidays.
This position reports to the Front Office Manager.
Deliver an exceptional guest experience that ensures all needs are met while maintaining a positive environment and working closely with all hotel team members
- Effectively greets, responds to and resolves all guest inquiries and problems in a positive, timely and productive manner both in person and on the phone
- Answer the telephone with a smile in four rings or less. Include a salutation, thank the guest for calling, identify the name of the property, and contain their first name, all while maintaining clarity and organization. Offer an extensive list of amenities that are offered before quoting a price, and asks the guest for the reservation
- Resolve all guest problems by listening, apologizing with empathy, finding a solution and following through
- Successfully follow all telephone, sales and reservation processes to book additional rooms
- Productively and cheerfully respond to guests with all necessary local information such as restaurants, transportation, entertainment options and directions
- Work productively with the sales staff and all other staff to provide excellent guest experience
Perform all tasks/processes in an efficient, accurate and timely manner to meet all required administrative responsibilities
- Successfully follow the check-in and check-out processes in a friendly, accurate and timely manner including pre-assigning VIP guests and following the guest preference program (gifts, welcome notes, etc.)
- Complete all billing, administrative duties and paperwork as assigned including following hotel policy on cash banks, working with other departments and obtaining the appropriate signatures and approvals
- Stay current with developments in the hotel by regularly reviewing and updating the communication log
- Ensure the lobby, front desk and business are clean and fully supplied including the ordering of supplies when necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 1 year hotel experience preferred.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Good computer abilities
- Consistently follow through with guest requests and feedback.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Key Results Areas (KRAs) & Critical Tasks (CTs) of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the KRAs & CTs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand for extended periods and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms pushing, lifting up to 40 pounds, bending; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the Key Results Areas (KRAs) & Critical Tasks (CTs) of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the KRAs & CTs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a hotel environment. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, body fluids and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Depending on Full-Time or Part-Time position is eligible for a complete benefit package.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Notice to Applicants: Applicants for employment with Hegg Companies, Inc., must pass a pre-employment drug test and pre-employment background investigation. Any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing all company pre-employment screenings.
Job Type: Part-time
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Hotel: 1 year