We are now hiring a room attendant. This position reports to the Executive Housekeeper.
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of each guest room assigned. Cleanliness standards must meet brand, hotel and guest high expectations
- Bathrooms – Ensure that all bathrooms are completely cleaned and sanitized from top to bottom per hotel standards and utilizing hotel approved chemicals and supplies
- Bed Standard – All bedding is pulled back (stay over) or stripped (check out) and made tight, neat and to hotel standards
- General Room – Responsible to empty all trash, wipe down all surfaces, reset all furniture, clean and wipe microwaves and refrigerators, set all amenities, ensure all placement standards are met (hangers, curtains, pillows, TV supplies, nightstand supplies, etc.) and set electronic thermostat. In addition, report any and all deficiencies to Executive Housekeeper
- Hallways – Responsible for section of all guest hallways and stairwells to include vacuuming, trash and dusting walls
RESTOCKING CARTS AND TEAMWORK
Responsible for completely restocking housekeeping cart used each day and providing teamwork and lateral service to other housekeepers as directed
- Perform duties of restocking housekeeping cart used at the end of shift to include all amenities, linens, empty trash liner, paper products and other materials as directed by Executive Housekeeper
- Expected to assist other housekeepers as directed by Executive Housekeeper to ensure all standards are met and encourage lateral service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Key Results Areas (KRAs) & Critical Tasks (CTs) of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the KRAs & CTs.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours) and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms pushing, lifting up to 40 pounds, bending; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the Key Results Areas (KRAs) & Critical Tasks (CTs) of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the KRAs & CTs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a professional hospitality environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, body fluids and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8 hours
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Detail oriented
- Customer service experience helpful
- Works well alone and with others
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH HEGG COMPANIES, INC./HEGG HOSPITALITY, MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION. ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON SUCCESSFULLY PASSING ALL COMPANY PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENINGS.