Hegg Hospitality is seeking a full-time motivated and experienced Operations Manager who will perform all key results areas in a way that benefits all key stakeholder groups consistent with and supportive of our company’s Mission and Values; Integrity, Financial Success, Excellence and Responsibility. Must be self-directed and able to anticipate and respond to needs in a busy environment.
The Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in performing all duties and functions required for efficient operation of these Hotels and Meeting Centers in alignment with Hegg Companies’ Mission, Vision & Values. Must be available for all shifts, with majority of shifts on evening and weekends. This position reports to the General Manager.
Successfully meets and/or exceed guest needs and expectations – in order to be the hotel provider of choice in each market
- Assists in identifying and resolving all guest complaints and issues professionally, promptly and effectively through direct interactions, empowering staff and/or through available tools/resources
- Proactively reaches out to guests and/or empowers employees to gage and ensure customer satisfaction (including the use of guest profiling system to anticipate guest needs when available)
- Provides ongoing guest service training and support to all employees and maintains all training records
- Creatively seeks and implements new ideas as to presentation and delivery of food and beverage to enhance guest experience
- Communicates the results of guest feedback/surveys to departments in a timely manner
Effective placement, training, management and motivation to the front office staff and the food and beverage staff – in ways that generate strong company values alignment, high productivity and strong morale
- Demonstrates, aligns and appropriately represents the organization values and spirit of hospitality in accordance with the culture/values of Hegg Hospitality
- Supports the Assitant General Manager & General Manager with the hiring, training and development of hotel staff.
- Effective schedules front office staff and food & beverage staff
- Ensures effective interdepartmental coordination in ways that enhance performance and morale
Effectively manages daily operations of the Front Office and Food & Beverage Departments that meets hotel and brand standards, adhere to industry regulations and effective cost controls – in ways that ensure stable and efficient operations
- Effectively oversees front office and food & beverage operations
- Monitors, communicates and acts on brand standards on a daily basis and ensures compliance while adhering to local, state, and national regulations.
- Controls costs from each department through effective ordering and management of inventories
- Acts as the lead for hotel operations in the absence of the GM, AGM, and/or other department supervisors
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours) and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms pushing, lifting up to 40 pounds, bending; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a professional hospitality office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, body fluids and toxic or caustic chemicals.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years proven supervisory experience required.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Proven training experience required to lead, train, develop and coach team to achieve their maximum potential.
- Good computer abilities to maintain an accurate and adequate product inventory, and to manage and maintain an accurate and current log of all room cleanliness.
- Exceptional follow-through consisting of strong organizational skills and time management.
- Consistently follow through with guest requests and feedback.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Health, Dental & Vision Package
- Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401k
- Worldwide Hotel Discounts